American Queen Voyages is offering savings of US$400 per couple on an epic riverboat journey in 2023 covering almost the entire length of the mighty Mississippi River from Minneapolis in the north of USA to New Orleans in the south.
The savings are available until March 31, 2022. Plus, American Queen Voyages’ popular Zero Deposit Offer means bookings made before this date will not require a deposit until June 30, 2022. The 2022 sailings of this voyage are already sold out, so early bookings are recommended for 2023 departures.
Passing through or along 10 American states, the 3730km-long Mississippi River is one of the world’s greatest and most fabled waterways, starting north of Minneapolis in far northern USA and meeting the Gulf of Mexico south of New Orleans.
An extended journey along the length of the Mississippi is an iconic, bucket-list adventure, with landscapes, weather, cultures and accents changing dramatically. Along the way, guests can experience river towns, colonial mansions, music centres, art galleries, wineries, and Civic War reminders and relive Huckleberry Finn stories penned by legendary American writer, Mark Twain.
A newly released, 15-night ‘Mighty Mississippi’ package is available on October 1, 2023, aboard American Queen Voyages’ flagship, the famous American Queen – the largest steamboat ever built. The gracious 417-guest ship is a modern, fully working, six-deck recreation of a classic, opulent, steam paddlewheeler from the American Victorian era in the 1800s.
The package begins with a one night, pre-cruise hotel stay in Minneapolis, near the source of the Mississippi, followed by a 14-night cruise south through heartland USA all the way to New Orleans. The grand journey takes in legendary lands of bawdy blues, southern belles and drawls while onboard, guests will feel transported back in time to an era of leisurely and romantic travel as they enjoy the sweeping panoramas, storybook American towns and deep blue lakes.
Highlights of the river cruise include the Gateway Arch city of St Louis – founded in 1764 by French explorers – the Civil War battle site of Vicksburg and Memphis with its flurry of music and Elvis attractions. Guests will also visit the Nottoway Plantation, the South’s largest and most glorious remaining mansion. Set among a background of vibrant gardens and 200-year-old oak trees, the mansion boasts three floors and beautiful ballrooms. The mansion is known as the ‘white castle of Louisiana’ due to its 22, eye-catching white columns and dates back to 1859.
The grand, two-week cruise concludes in New Orleans, where guests can visit the famous French Quarter with its jazz bars, Cajun eateries and toe-tapping buskers.
Including a one-night hotel stay, guided, hop-on-hop-off shore excursions in every port, unlimited onboard beverages, onboard gratuities and unlimited Wi-Fi, fares for the 15-night package starting October 1, 2023, start at US$5871 per person, twin share – a saving of US$200 per person. Solo fares start at US$8671 – also a saving of US$200. Flights to the US are additional. Fares are subject to availability and conditions apply.
The savings are valid for bookings made by March 31, 2022. Bookings made before this date will also not require a deposit until June 30, 2022.
* Travellers or travel agents can contact the Australian representative for American Queen Voyages, Cruise Traveller, on 1800 507 777 or visit www.aqsc.com.au/mightymississippi (direct link to package) or www.aqsc.com.au .
American Queen Voyages offers an extensive and diverse mix of river, lake, ocean and expedition sailings across North and Central America.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation