The average UK driver spends almost FOUR YEARS behind the wheel in their lifetime, with EIGHT MONTHS of this waiting in traffic.
The typical driver also clocks up 592,920 miles in their lifetime, enough to travel to the moon and back, or around the globe 24 times!
With that being said, online language platform Preply has revealed just how long people across the globe spend waiting in traffic, with Londoners spending 43 minutes per day!
Let’s take a look at which cities spend the most time in traffic:
|City||Position||Minutes spent in traffic per day|
|New Delhi, India||1||57.37|
|Mexico City, Mexico||4||52.45|
|Buenos Aires, Argentina||7||48.15|
|London, United Kingdom||10||43.72|
|Seoul, South Korea||12||42.22|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||14||41.78|
Coming in at number one as the busiest city in terms of traffic we have New Delhi, India, with residents spending just under an hour a day, or 57 minutes. With a population of 23 million, it’s no surprise that the city is highly congested.
Manile, Philippines takes second place, with 54 minutes, whilst citizens of Jakarta, Indonesia spend 52 minutes.
London, UK is placed 10th, with the average Londoner being in traffic for 43 minutes every single day! That’s over 5 hours a week or 150 hours each month!
Paris, France is just a minute behind London in 11th place, with 42 minutes a day. Rome, Italy takes 15th place with 41 minutes.
The report by Preply also researched the cities across the globe which work the most hours per year. The average number of working hours in London, UK is 2,003, but how do other cities compare?
Coming in at number one, as the city which works the most hours is Hanoi, Vietnam, with citizens working on average 2,691 hours, or 10.5 hours a day!
Mexico City, Mexico took second place as the city which worked the longest hours, 2,622 in total for the year!
On the other side, we have Stockholm, Sweden, working the fewest hours of the year, an average of 1,424.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!