The average UK driver spends almost FOUR YEARS behind the wheel in their lifetime, with EIGHT MONTHS of this waiting in traffic.
The typical driver also clocks up 592,920 miles in their lifetime, enough to travel to the moon and back, or around the globe 24 times!
With that being said, online language platform Preply has revealed just how long people across the globe spend waiting in traffic, with Londoners spending 43 minutes per day!
Let’s take a look at which cities spend the most time in traffic:
|City||Position||Minutes spent in traffic per day|
|New Delhi, India||1||57.37|
|Mexico City, Mexico||4||52.45|
|Buenos Aires, Argentina||7||48.15|
|London, United Kingdom||10||43.72|
|Seoul, South Korea||12||42.22|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||14||41.78|
Coming in at number one as the busiest city in terms of traffic we have New Delhi, India, with residents spending just under an hour a day, or 57 minutes. With a population of 23 million, it’s no surprise that the city is highly congested.
Manile, Philippines takes second place, with 54 minutes, whilst citizens of Jakarta, Indonesia spend 52 minutes.
London, UK is placed 10th, with the average Londoner being in traffic for 43 minutes every single day! That’s over 5 hours a week or 150 hours each month!
Paris, France is just a minute behind London in 11th place, with 42 minutes a day. Rome, Italy takes 15th place with 41 minutes.
The report by Preply also researched the cities across the globe which work the most hours per year. The average number of working hours in London, UK is 2,003, but how do other cities compare?
Coming in at number one, as the city which works the most hours is Hanoi, Vietnam, with citizens working on average 2,691 hours, or 10.5 hours a day!
Mexico City, Mexico took second place as the city which worked the longest hours, 2,622 in total for the year!
On the other side, we have Stockholm, Sweden, working the fewest hours of the year, an average of 1,424.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience