The entry deadline for the OKLAHOMA! Talent Showcase competition, hosted by Oklahoma Tourism, with partners Brand USA, and United Airlines, has been extended from this Friday (25 February) to Monday 28 February, giving agents the opportunity to exercise their vocal cords and get a late entry submitted over the weekend.
With entries already received from a talented range of travel advisors, travel magazine publishers and travel writers, you can join the talent showcase and be part of the travelling revival by recording an audition video with your own rendition of a song from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical, OKLAHOMA! and uploading here before 9 am on Monday AEST.
The best entries of the week so far, which have been rewarded with $100 gift vouchers, are Lauren Oxenham from Adventure World Travel in week one and Eddy Courtois, Flight Centre Travel Group in week 2. Runners up for week 2, who will receive $50 gift vouchers, include freelance travel writer, Kara Murphy, and Flight Centre’s Marina Wood.
The four finalists will be announced at the Visit USA Australia Agent Showcase, taking place on Wednesday 2 March. Each of the four finalists will receive a trip to Sydney with domestic flights, two nights in a hotel and a spot in the line-up for a musical themed travel revival event, taking place on 18 March – the weekend that marks the two-year anniversary of Australia’s international border closure. This includes time with a professional vocal coach ahead of the performance, and make-up and costume support to help them feel like a star. During the event, one of the lucky performers will also be chosen (based on a panel of industry leaders and the audience) to WIN a Grand Prize of 2 x Return Economy Class Tickets flying United Airlines from either Sydney or Melbourne, hitting the road with 2 nights in Grapevine, TX, before touring Oklahoma for 7 nights, where they can get their kicks on Route 66, attend a rodeo, sample some BBQ, or experience a number of other attractions the State has to offer.
Agents can learn more about the competition and enter on this link: www.linkdtourism.com/oklahoma-musical-competition-registration/
For more information on Oklahoma, including training webinars and the Brand USA Discovery Badge, visit here: https://www.linkdtourism.com/traveloklahoma/
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation