Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia held a ceremony at Ayers Rock Resort on Saturday 19 February to recognise 16 students graduating from the National Indigenous Training Academy (NITA) 2022 class.
NITA was established to provide young Indigenous Australians with solid career prospects in Retail, Horticulture, Hospitality and Tourism at Voyages properties – Ayers Rock Resort and Mossman Gorge Centre in Qld – as well as wider employment opportunities with other organisations. This year’s event brings the total number of graduates to over 600 since the program’s inception in 2011.
The ceremony was attended by the graduates plus 30 of their friends and family members and was streamed online for those who could not be there. Also in attendance were senior representatives from Voyages including CEO, Matthew Cameron-Smith, members of the Board and the NITA team.
“I don’t think there is any better showcase of our purpose than this event as we celebrate the latest graduation of the Voyages National Indigenous Training Academy. Every student has achieved amazing results in a tough year, and we are incredibly proud of them all,” said Matthew Cameron-Smith, CEO for Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia.
For more information go to https://www.voyages.com.au/
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience