With just over a week until Christmas, RACV is urging Victorians to prepare for the holiday season by keeping safety top of mind at home, on the road and during holidays at our favourite destinations.
After a challenging year, Victorians have a lot to celebrate with family and friends over the festive season and RACV is expecting an uptick in travel both on public holidays and throughout December and January.
RACV Policy Lead – Safety, Elvira Lazar, said keeping some simple tips top of mind will help ensure everyone’s safety.
“Whether you’re driving to a regional town or just across Melbourne for a day, it’s very important that you plan your travel,” Ms Lazar said.
“Before you get in your car, make sure you do a safety check of your vehicle. Check your fluid levels under your bonnet, including oil, coolant and even the windscreen washer level. Be sure to check your tyre pressure as well and that your roadside assistance is up to date.
“When planning your journey, especially if you’re going regional, plan your drive along safer main roads. Schedule stops on these longer trips as this not only gives you a break from driving it also means you are not rushing.
“Always drive to the conditions and make use of tools such as the VicEmergency app, which is the official Victorian Government app for access to community information and warnings for all types of emergencies throughout Victoria.”
RACV also reminds Victorians to make sure their homes are safe over the holiday period. “Make sure you’ve cleaned up any clutter that might be a trip hazard. If you have a pool, ensure it complies with safety requirements,” Ms Lazar said.
“If you do have some time off work over the break, now is the perfect time to clean out those gutters which may be a fire hazard. Ensure your home insurance is up to date at an appropriate level of cover.
“If you’re heading away on holidays, make sure your home is secure and let a trusted neighbour know that you will be away. If you don’t have one already, consider installing a security alarm.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience