The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) has congratulated the NSW Government on its leadership in reminding consumers to carefully consider terms and conditions when making travel plans with the launch of its ‘Look Before You Book’ campaign.NSW Minister for Better Regulation and Innovation, Kevin Anderson has also confirmed NSW is developing a new information standard for travel that will clearly outline key terms and conditions of the contract relating to cancellations, refunds and credits, processing fees and any other important exclusions.
The announcement acknowledged that the information standards are being developed in consultation with key industry players, including the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA).
Quotes from AFTA CEO Dean Long (who is available for interview)
“AFTA congratulates the NSW Government on its leadership in this issue. With each hotel, airline, tour operator and cruise line setting different Terms and Conditions, and with different T&Cs typically applying across different types of bookings, understanding clearly what your rights are takes time for consumers.”
“Travel agents and businesses spend a lot of time helping clients through this so that they pick the right booking for their needs and circumstances and know when and if cancellations and deferrals are possible and whether processing fees are involved. Additionally, our members have their own T&Cs.”
“Anything that can be done to assist with this process and remind consumers to read and consider the T&Cs is greatly appreciated and we look forward to continuing to work with the NSW Government in developing the information standards”
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season