Customers who are fully vaccinated in Singapore and Germany will soon be able to travel between the two countries quarantine-free on Singapore Airlines, thanks to the new Vaccinated Travel Lane programme.
The VTL allows customers to travel quarantine-free from Germany to Singapore if they have been fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine in either country and have stayed in either country for at least 21 consecutive days prior to departure.
Customers travelling from Singapore to Germany can enjoy quarantine-free travel if they are either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who has been in the country for at least the last six months or are fully vaccinated and have not stayed in an “area of variant concern” within the last ten days.
Eligible customers must travel on dedicated VTL flights, the first of which will depart Frankfurt on September 7 for Singapore (flight SQ325) and Munich on September 8 (flight SQ326) (flight SQ331).
There will be three weekly VTL flights between Frankfurt and Singapore, and two between Munich and Singapore in the future.
Customers who have already booked flights on services that will now become dedicated VTL flights will be contacted and given the option of rebooking on other flights if they do not meet the VTL requirements.
The Singapore Airlines website has complete information on VTL eligibility, including testing and insurance requirements. VTL flights are not available to passengers transiting through Singapore.
SIA also stated, “In the event that the Vaccinated Travel Lanes are suspended, Singapore Airlines will follow the guidance of the regulators, and customers will be informed of any change.”
The move follows Singapore’s lifting of quarantine requirements for certain travellers from Germany, Brunei, and Macao.
The governments of Hong Kong and Singapore announced that they would no longer be pursuing plans for the much-delayed Air Travel Bubble between the two destinations.
Singapore’s Ministry of Transport cited “differences in strategies”, with “Singapore now taking steps towards becoming a Covid-resilient nation”.
By Joe Cusmano
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience