Messe Berlin (Singapore) wins “Outstanding Event Organiser” award at the Singapore Tourism Awards 2021 for successfully organising TravelRevive, the first international travel tradeshow to take place physically in Asia Pacific during COVID-19, with both local and foreign attendees and exhibitors.The Singapore Tourism Awards celebrates and recognises individuals and organisations in the tourism sector for delivering outstanding experiences and demonstrating enterprise excellence. The award is an integral part of the Singapore Tourism Board’s (STB) efforts to enhance the competitiveness of Singapore’s tourism sector by motivating organisations and individuals to create compelling experiences and adopt best practices.
Powered by ITB Asia and STB, TravelRevive was the first pilot tradeshow to trial the newly developed ‘hybrid event’ tradeshow prototype for safe business events, safe itineraries, and digital enablers in Singapore. The event was part of a public-private alliance among various government agencies that aimed to bring to life Singapore’s vision for safe, trusted and innovative business events. The two-day event brought together local and international attendees on-site to exchange ideas, bridge knowledge gaps, and reimagine the future of travel. It featured conference sessions, an exhibition, as well as opportunities for one-on-one buyer-seller appointments. It was complemented by virtual conference sessions which enabled a wider global audience to connect with regional travel businesses.
“Messe Berlin (Singapore) has been providing our industry with event excellence for over 14 years by delivering all-rounded experiences for attendees in both our physical exhibitions and virtual events. We are very grateful to receive this important award, which recognises our proven record in organising and running quality exhibitions. It has been a difficult year of hard work for our team. Event experience is what we strive for. Our team continues to adapt, change and excel in bringing an unparalleled platform for industry stakeholders to do business, learn and network. With TravelRevive, we did our part to help pave the way for a positive future for trade shows during and post-pandemic”, said Katrina Leung, Managing Director of Messe Berlin (Singapore), the organiser of ITB Asia and TravelRevive.
ITB Asia Virtual as flagship event in 2021
For 2021, Messe Berlin (Singapore) is set to host its annual flagship event, ITB Asia, Asia’s Leading Travel Trade Show in October 2021. ITB Asia will be an all-virtual show co-located with MICE Show Asia and Travel Tech Asia from 25 – 29 October 2021.
The event will bring the travel industry a virtual experience like no other with five quality days of business appointments and three exclusive days of conference programme with thought-leaders and leading brands.
ITB Asia 2022
ITB Asia 2022 physical exhibition will be returning to Singapore on 19 – 22 October 2022 once again at Sands Expo & Convention Centre. For more information on booth participation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience