With Italy now on the coveted green list, COMO Hotels and Resorts is delighted to announce the launch of a new COMO Shambhala Retreat at COMO Castello Del Nero – the first Asian-inspired wellbeing experience in Tuscany. Bringing COMO’s commitment to lifelong wellness to Italy, the new COMO Shambhala Retreat combines targeted treatments, world-class experts, and energy-giving COMO Shambhala Cuisine at the heart of a historic, 740-acre estate.
Advocating proactive holistic wellness, the new wellbeing sanctuary – 1,000sqm in size – features seven luxurious treatment rooms, a state-of-the-art gym, relaxation area with breath-taking views over the Tuscan countryside and sun-drenched yoga and Pilates studios. Guests can also look forward to invigorating thermal suites, a 25m heated outdoor swimming pool, two tennis courts, and an outdoor fitness area, named the Forest Gym.
In the elegant, cocooning space, conceptualised by admired Milanese designer Paola Navone, guests will find Asian-inspired mind and body treatments – from soothing signature therapies such as the iconic COMO Shambhala Massage which uses COMO’s bespoke blended oils to relax the mind and rejuvenate the body to the COMO Shambhala Signature Ritual, a full-body therapy using soothing Tuscan lavender and olive oil made on the estate. Non-surgical, anti-ageing facial care treatments are also offered in collaboration with Guinot, developed by Jean-Daniel Mondin, the award-winning doctor of pharmaceuticals behind the brand.
Furthermore, invigorating sessions in yoga, Pilates and fitness from COMO Shambhala experts are offered for those looking to improve mobility and strength. Treatments are accompanied by COMO Shambhala Cuisine; nutritious and balanced dishes expertly curated to aid concentration, balance blood sugar levels and nourish the soul.
Newly launched Wellness Rituals combine insights from experts, relaxing treatments, healthful meals and access to exceptional facilities, each taking place across a day or half-day in the nurturing surrounds of the COMO Shambhala Retreat.
For a top-to-toe experience, the COMO Shambhala Immersed Ritual includes a revitalising 30-minute facial, 30-minute body treatment, manicure, yoga, and access to the thermal suites.
When they’re not in the spa, guests can wander COMO Castello Del Nero’s fragrant gardens before tasting local wines, honey, and home-grown olive oil on a new mirrored courtyard, designed by Paola Navone. Cycle through forests and olive groves, walk by towering vistas of vineyards and embark on Tuscan truffle hunting before learning to cook Italian specialities in cooking classes with Executive Chef Giovanni Luca Di Pirro. Guests can also try their hand at authentic experiences including gelato-making with an Italian master, hot air ballooning and winemaking, before retiring to their elegant suite – where the historical charm of the castle is blended with COMO’s signature pared-back luxury.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience