Recent studies by Cleveland Clinic show that giving back can benefit your wellbeing, boosting self-esteem, happiness and satisfaction, and even prolonging life — meanwhile, Forbes reports that socially conscious travelers are increasingly seeking charitable opportunities for their next vacation. Kind Traveler makes giving back easy with its Give + Get hotel booking platform, which offers guests exclusive rates and perks when booking a Kind Hotel, where a $10 nightly donation contributes to vetted charities in the hotel’s community.
With 70+ charities on the Kind Traveler roster, there is a hotel for any cause dear to a traveler’s heart, from wildlife and sustainability to reducing inequality and poverty, and beyond. “Giving back isn’t just trending, it’s healthy,” says Jessica Blotter, CEO & Co-Founder of Kind Traveler. “After over a year at home, travelers want to travel with intention and keep wellness at the forefront. When you give, whether it be by donation or volunteering, a psychological response is activated in the brain which results in increased feelings of happiness and gratitude. Giving back on Kind Traveler is the perfect storm for travelers who want a more meaningful vacation while positively impacting the communities they visit.”
- Carillon Miami Wellness Resort, situated on a 750-foot private stretch of North Beach in Miami Beach, encourages guests to support Wellness in the Schools, which aims to end childhood obesity through education.
- Casa Chameleon Las Catalinas is a sustainable paradise immersing visitors in sustainability and the beauty of Costa Rican nature, encompassing 21 private villas. Guests can support Alfalit, a nonprofit offering programs in literacy, basic education, early childhood development, health and nutrition, job and skills training to students in some of the poorest countries around the world. Since its founding in 1961, Alfalit has taught over 8 million people to read and write.
- Saint Lucia’s Stonefield Villa Resort, a local, woman-owned resort overlooking the Caribbean Sea, sits amid 26 acres of lush rainforest on Saint Lucia’s picturesque west coast. The resort empowers guests to give back with Pawasol Pour Ti Mamai, a charity that provides support to underprivileged children in Saint Lucia by meeting basic needs in education, healthcare and community programs.
- The hillside 38-suite resort Sublime Samana houses natural spa treatments and complimentary pilates on the soft sands of the Dominican Republic’s northeast coast. Kind Travelers benefit Fundacion Sinfonia, which manages the country’s National Symphony Orchestra; the foundation also hosts the biennial Santo Domingo Music Festival, which features international classical artists. Donations to Sinfonia aid its music workshops and residencies for young Dominican music students.
- Austin’s Lone Star Court is a playful glamping experience highlighting local musicians and artists. This sprawling hotel in the live music capital of the world encourages guests to contribute to Health Alliance for Austin Musicians to provide affordable health care access for Austin’s low-income, uninsured working musicians.
- The modern-rustic Adrift Hotel of Washington’s Long Beach Peninsula is a taste of the local life with quirky amenities such as a library, an artisan spirits distillery and a locavore restaurant. Guests can support North Coast Food Web, which aims to strengthen the community food system; a $10 nightly donation supports local farmers and provides free organic fruit to local school students as a healthy snack.
- XV Beacon is a cozy, arts-driven boutique hotel in historic Boston. The hotel’s local charity is Boston Rescue Mission, which provides programs to transform and empower the lives of men and women at risk of or experiencing poverty, homelessness and hardship.
- The premier Terranea Resort of Los Angeles keeps Mother Nature at the heart of its unique luxury amenities, like naturally roaming species, an onsite salt farm for its spa scrubs, and a pet-friendly policy. Terranea Resort encourages support of Marine Mammal Care Center, which rehabilitates and releases marine mammals that have been stranded on county beaches.
- Waikiki’s only family-owned boutique hotel and the area’s first Green Hotel under the Green Hotels Association, The Equus Hotel encourages donations to native reforestation as part of its resort fee. The resort is also partnered with the Sustainable Tourism Association of Hawaii, which helps protect Hawaii’s natural environment and host culture through responsible travel and educational programs for locals and visitors alike.
- Moxy Hotels Continues Expansion in Asia Pacific with the Debut of Its First Hotel in Taiwan
- A Quintessential ‘Slow Travel Experience,’ European Waterways’ Hotel Barge Cruises Are Ready to Launch as Europe Signals Border Openings
- Copitas Takes Over Aer: Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru Bar Team Previews New Cocktails At Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
- Demand or Decline: Business Travel Contracting in Uncertain Times
- The 12th APG Worldconnect Brings Aviation Back Together Again At The End Of October 2021 In Monaco
- Understanding future extremes must be central to recovery plan.
- Mount Isa Mines Rodeo: The Greatest Festival on Red Dirt!
- Personal Travel Managers Celebrate Opportunity to Connect
- Hit Refresh at Sydney’s World-Class Spas
- Radisson Hotel Group Welcomes its Second Brand to Tunisia with the Opening of Radisson Hotel Sfax