Long regarded as the founder of the luxury lodge category, New Zealand’s iconic Huka Lodge has continued its long tradition of receiving the world’s most prestigious accolades, this time as one of Travel + Leisure’s top hotels in the world with a place in the 2021 T+L 500 List.
The recognition comes just weeks after Huka Lodge joined the Australia-based Baillie Lodges collection of luxury lodges in a once-in-a-lifetime event for both parties.
The highly regarded T+L 500 franchise has been resurrected by Travel + Leisure after a short hiatus, reflecting a desire to recognise and reward the hard-working, high-achieving world’s best 500 hotels at a time when the global climate has been especially challenging for the tourism industry.
Each year, the readers of Travel + Leisure vote for their favourite destinations, city hotels, resorts and experiences in the World’s Best Awards survey. The properties are divided into eight geographic regions and the catalogue is a considered a ‘keeper’ as a trusted resource for millions of dedicated travellers.
Huka Lodge General Manager Kerry Molloy said the recognition on such a highly regarded global list was a boost for the lodge team which had continued to provide its exemplary personal service and high standards throughout the Coronavirus pandemic.
“It’s been an unsettling time for all of us in the tourism industry, and we’ve been fortunate to have had the continued support of our loyal New Zealand guests as well as the opportunity to welcome a new generation of future return guests,” Mr Molloy said.
“It’s reassuring to know that overseas travellers will be making plans to visit Huka Lodge when it’s safe to do so and international borders have reopened,” he said.
“It’s very special for us to hear that we remain top of mind for travellers planning their next getaways nearly a century after Huka Lodge was first opened in 1924.”
The full list of Travel + Leisure’s world’s best 500 hotels can be viewed here and will be published in the March issue of Travel + Leisure magazine.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!