The Ritz Hotel, Geelong a heritage listed landmark building in the heart of the city, which has sat dormant for 40 years, has had an extensive makeover and will open its doors to the public on 1 March.
Formerly known as the Belle-Vue Hotel and built circa 1854, The Ritz has undergone an incredible transformation and will launch with 128 rooms and apartments over nine floors, with captivating views over Geelong’s north facing waterfront and city skyline.
Located just five minutes’ walk to Eastern Beach, Ritz Hotel Geelong offers visitors a 4.5-star full service hotel experience with hotel rooms, one and two bedroom self-contained apartments, pet friendly apartments and a 24 hour reception.
All guest rooms are air-conditioned and have LCD TV, free high-speed Wi-Fi, free cable channels, refrigerator, espresso machine, tea and coffee making, room safes, and laundry facilities. The apartments have a full kitchen with a microwave, dishwasher and cooking facilities.
The building has been designed for energy efficiency, with 80 solar panel roofing, 7-star energy ratings in the guest rooms, plus argon gas filled windows for heat and sound proofing.
The hotel provides guests with seven levels of secure undercover car parking including a dedicated bike parking area, plus two solar powered electric vehicle charge stations.
Guests can start the day the right way at The Ritz Cafe with a continental breakfast, located on the corner overlooking Austin Park towards the bay, in the original building facade.
The apartment hotel is located within an easy walk to Westfield Shopping Centre, Royal Geelong Yacht Club, Geelong’s waterfront restaurants and cafes, hospitals, universities and cultural attractions, local golf course, and easy access to the Bellarine Peninsula and Surf Coast.
As much as possible, interior fittings and furnishings have been sourced from local Geelong, and Australian makers. Local companies worked on room interiors, beds are made in Victoria, tables made in Geelong and artwork from Melbourne.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience