Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), the innovator in global cruise travel with a 53-year history of breaking boundaries, is celebrating the successful first day of its Walk for Wellness challenge, with the initiative having launched on 6 October 2020.
In the first 24 hours travel partners and NCL team members from across Australia and New Zealand, stepped a combined total of 2,377 kms in a walking event like no other, promoting health and wellbeing within the travel community.
“During what has been such a tough time for the travel industry, it is with great pride that we join our valued travel partners in embarking on our ‘Walk for Wellness’ Challenge. Registrations for the initiative have been phenomenal. It’s truly a testament to the importance of coming together as an industry to boost collective morale, while also providing a platform for travel agents to enjoy activities that are not only fun, but also increase mental and physical health and wellbeing,” said Damian Borg, Norwegian Cruise Line Director of Sales, Australia and New Zealand.
Registered travel agents will utilise a free mobile phone app during the month of October to get active. Via the app, they will track their steps while journeying around an interactive map of the world, reaching virtual destination milestones and completing fun challenges, all alongside travel industry friends.
It is estimated that travel partners will accomplish a combined total of more than 80,000 kilometres by the end of the challenge. Travel agents conquered the first challenge of the initiative on its launch day, with the first 50 participants that snapped a photo of a local famous attraction winning an AU$20 Rebel Sport Gift Card.
Participants will learn interesting facts about key destinations as walking milestones are reached. In addition, they will be presented with 11 challenges over the course of the month, giving them the chance to win exciting prizes such as fitbits, gift cards and grand prizes, including an Apple Watch and Bluetooth sports headphones.
The group challenge has also built a social community, offering engagement with other industry peers and the NCL team, as they track each other’s stepping progress through the app and social media.
NCL has received a fantastic response from participating travel partners and NCL staff including:
- The Team at FC Revesby ready for Walk for Wellness said, “All set up at FC Revesby and ready to get the steps going later today!” (supporting image in below link)
- Damian Borg, Norwegian Cruise Line Director of Sales, Australia and New Zealand said, “Right now any big ship in the Harbour gives me hope! Wooloomooloo Bay, Sydney!” (supporting image in below link)
- Lydia Haydon, You Travel Bay of Plenty, Main Beach, Bay of Plenty said, “Feels like summer here at Main Beach, Mt Maunganui in the beautiful Bay of Plenty!” (supporting image in below link)
- Nina Henderson, Hoot Holidays, Batemans Bay, NSW said, “Thankful for a break in the rain to get some steps at Batemans Bay” (supporting image in below link)
Please find a link to high-res images of NCL team members and travel agents enjoying the Walk for Wellness launch day here.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience