Okura Nikko Hotel Management Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Hotel Okura Co., Ltd., announced today that it will open Hotel Nikko Changshu in 2023. The hotel will be located at Changshu National New & Hi-Tech Zone in Changshu city, one of the
county-level cities in the Suzhou of southeastern Jiangsu Province. The company has contracted
with Changshu Kuncheng Development Investment Co., Ltd. to manage the new property through
its joint venture BTG Nikko International Hotel Management Co., Ltd.
The Hotel Nikko Changshu will offer 288 guest rooms, each with a standard area of about 40 m²,
including 14 suite rooms, on 22 floors above ground and two underground floors. It will also feature a full range of facilities, including a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, a Chinese restaurant, all-day dining and banqueting facilities, as well as a fitness center and indoor pool.
Located to the west of Shanghai and adjacent to major cities such as Wuxi and Nantong, Changshu
is a market town and trading post that has prospered since ancient times thanks to the fertile land
that surrounds it. The city has recently focused on attracting foreign companies, in particular
Japanese companies, and the research and production bases of many of the world’s top 500
companies, including those in the automotive sector, have moved there.
The Changshu National New & Hi-Tech Zone is located about 6 km south of the center of Changshu, an area where the Changshu Municipal Government is focusing its development efforts, and which is expected to become the driving force of Changshu’s economy. The area around the new hotel is being developed into a hub featuring business and research facilities, schools and residences, with office buildings currently being added.
Toshihiro Ogita, President, Okura Nikko Hotel Management Co., Ltd., commented, “It is a big
honor for us to be able to open yet another hotel in Jiangsu Province in China, as we continue to
expand our global network with a particular focus on Asia. We hope to hereby further raise
awareness of our Okura Nikko Hotels brand in China.”
Hotel Nikko Changshu will be the fifth property of Okura Nikko Hotels to open in Jiangsu Province
in China, following the opening of Hotel Nikko Wuxi (2010), Suzhou Qingshan Hotel (2010), Hotel
Nikko Suzhou (2015) and Hotel Nikko Taizhou (2016).
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season