Today, Melbourne based property developer Capital Alliance and Marriott International announced the appointment of Girish Talreja, as General Manager of Marriott Docklands Melbourne ahead of its opening in December 2020.
Mr Talreja joins Melbourne’s newest hotel from his most recent position as Hotel Manager at the iconic Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park, where he played a key role in the $50 million renovation and rebranding of the hotel.
With nearly two decades of industry experience, working at various Marriott International hotels, Mr Talreja’s journey began at the renowned JW Marriott Mumbai in 2003. He brings extensive experience to Marriott Docklands from his previous roles in China, Indonesia, Australia and India.
His appointment comes at an exciting time, as the new Marriott Docklands will be the first purpose-built Marriott hotel in Australia in over 20 years.
“I’m excited to return to Melbourne and I look forward to sharing my expertise and knowledge to provide the best services for our guests. I’m thrilled to work with the Capital Alliance team and bring their vision for this development to life”, said Girish Talreja.
Capital Alliance Chief Executive Officer, Mohan Du said he is excited to have Mr Talreja as part of the team at the new Marriott Docklands.
“With the current global economic downturn in tourism this is testament to not only our commitment, but Marriott’s dedication to maintaining a level of normality to say we are all here for the long run. There are many naysayers right now within the industry and we are here to say that the industry will bounce back stronger than ever”, Mr Du added.
Located in the heart of Docklands, the 200-hotel room, 5-star, Marriott Docklands will aim to open its doors in December 2020. Just in time for summer and for the first guest to enjoy captivating views from the city’s first open-air rooftop pool.
As General Manager, Girish will report into Sean Hunt, Area Vice President, Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific, Marriott International.
“We’re pleased to have Girish on board for the opening of Marriott Docklands Marriott, Melbourne,” said Sean Hunt. “Having worked for a range of Marriott International branded hotels, Girish understands the importance of bringing the brand to life for our guests. It’s an exciting time for Marriott as we continue our commitment to the travel and tourism industry here in Australia. During these unprecedented times, our ongoing goal remains to grow our business and to strengthen our offering.”
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!