PREMIER beach resorts Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort and Castaway Island Fiji were recently acknowledged as finalists in the Outrigger Hospitality Group’s annual “Outrigger Way” awards, where Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort took home the headline award ‘Hotels and Resorts Property of the year.
General manager Darren Shaw said the award was a huge compliment to the entire team who consistently aim to provide the highest level of service to guests.
“During these current unprecedented tourism times, it was a proud moment for personnel to have been recognised by the Outrigger Hospitality Group committee for their dedication to the property and the brand. It was just the uplifting news we needed to continue our famous Bula smiles”.
Castaway Island, Fiji collected the prestigious “Outreach Award”, which recognises the exceptional achievement to Caring For our Place through OZONE (exclusive Outrigger program) and community initiatives, these include the successful coral planting program, which in November 2019 had grown to cover around 1,200 square metres – just over one-tenth of the targeted football field.
Castaway Island Fiji general manager Steven Andrews commented that the passion and dedication of both local team members and guests whom have volunteered with this OZONE program since 2015, were the reason the property received this award.
The final award collected was an individual one and acknowledged the dedication of team member Rajnesh Kumar as finance director of the year.
Outrigger Hospitality Group ‘Outrigger Way’ awards have been held for more than 30 years, has been held annually to recognize the outstanding service and brand commitment of properties and team members during 2019.
Held virtually from Outrigger headquarters in Honolulu and broadcasted online to team at properties around the world, there were 17 awards presented.
Image (L-R): Images shows Castaway Island Fiji team members celebrating the awards. Akuila Tuleca ,HR Manager; Kolinio Vulaono , Environmental Officer; Mikaele Sovea ,2019 FCI Employee of the Year and Steven Andrews , general manager.
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season