Connect is preparing for its most dynamic year of events yet under the new leadership of Matt Johnson, who has been promoted to the role Managing Director. Buoyed by the additional resources, scope and shared expertise of Informa, who acquired the business in 2023, Connect is positioned to spearhead dynamic innovations and partnerships that will better serve live show attendees and readers of BizBash.
“I am so thrilled to be part of Informa,” said Johnson. “From afar, all of us at Connect have looked on admirably at Informa’s growth in the events industry. Now, as part of a leading player in the global events industry, Connect will have the resources to elevate our products to new heights.”
Johnson highlighted Connect’s ambitions to lean into what makes the company a unique and a highly desirable partner that can help drive destinations, hotels, venues, and vendors forward. This includes streamlining its operations, so customers have better access to all of the company’s offerings, including BizBash (editorial), Connect and BizBash Sports, and Connect Travel.
Johnson will work hand-in-hand with Senior Vice President of Sales Derek Rodriguez to present dynamic opportunities for Connect’s partners to drive new business through one-on-one meetings, digital offerings, and bespoke events.
“We are driven by a profound passion and sense of purpose,” said Johnson. “Our mission is to create the most effective brand, place, and products that advance our industry and facilitate business. That begins with reinforcing relationships with our tremendous partners.”
Having kicked off 2024 with a bustling Connect Midwest in Grand Rapids, Mich., Connect will lay the groundwork for future growth and success through a series of initiatives in the year’s first quarter. New verticals and a refocused team will energize Connect’s Meetings, Travel, and Sports divisions in the short- and long-term, while product development is also underway to expand the benefits of Connect’s events and content to existing and new audiences.
“It’s a new era for Connect,” said Johnson. “Our best years are ahead of us. We can’t wait to take the meetings and events industry along for the ride!”
Exciting shows to attend and monitor early in 2024 include Connect NYC, Feb. 20-22, and Connect Spring Marketplace and eTourism Summit , both occurring April 2-4 in Las Vegas.
- Moxy Hotels Continues Expansion in Asia Pacific with the Debut of Its First Hotel in Taiwan
- A Quintessential ‘Slow Travel Experience,’ European Waterways’ Hotel Barge Cruises Are Ready to Launch as Europe Signals Border Openings
- Copitas Takes Over Aer: Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru Bar Team Previews New Cocktails At Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai
- Demand or Decline: Business Travel Contracting in Uncertain Times
- The 12th APG Worldconnect Brings Aviation Back Together Again At The End Of October 2021 In Monaco
- Understanding future extremes must be central to recovery plan.
- Mount Isa Mines Rodeo: The Greatest Festival on Red Dirt!
- Personal Travel Managers Celebrate Opportunity to Connect
- Hit Refresh at Sydney’s World-Class Spas
- Radisson Hotel Group Welcomes its Second Brand to Tunisia with the Opening of Radisson Hotel Sfax