Touching base with some news I thought would be of interest to eGlobal Travel Media. Yesterday, 21 December 2023, President Surangel Whipps Jr. of the Republic of Palau welcomed more than 30 Australian tourism industry and media leaders at a Palau Visitors Authority event in Sydney. The event was hosted to highlight the new weekly air route between Brisbane and Palau, operated by Air Niugini, and foster industry collaboration to drive visitation to Palau.
President Whipps shared insights about Palau’s tourism, economy, and sustainability in an engaging speech and Q&A session. Notable attendees included leading travel retailers and wholesalers, including Flight Centre, Expedia Group, HelloWorld, and Luxury Escapes.
Air Niugini generously offered guests of the event two return business class flights to Palau as a celebration of the new air route, with Diveplanit Managing Director, Simon Mallender, taking home the prize.
Left to right: Sarah Anderson, GTI Managing Director, Marie Olzatin, Air Niugini NSW Business Development Manager, Simon Mallender, Dive Planit Managing Director, His Excellency, President Surangel Whipps Jr.
Palau Visitors Authority has partnered with Ignite on a consumer campaign in the Australian market and new holiday packages are being offered to entice Australians to visit Palau which is renowned for its natural beauty, and underwater wonders.
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney