Currently in the early stages of development, Anantara Kafue River Tented Camp will be located on the banks of the Kafue River – a haven fully suspended 3.5 metres above the ground, ensuring unbridled access to the bush and river for the wild inhabitants. With just 12 spacious tents, including a 600-square metre Presidential Villa offering unbridled exclusivity, the camp promises an intimate and exclusive retreat, epitomising luxury in the wild. The camp is bookended by two islands which will accommodate a spa and wellness area with a swimming pool, a restaurant and bar, a lounge and a traditional African boma.
When it launches in early 2025, the new camp will immerse guests in the heart of a national park populated with majestic wildlife. Each luxury tent, strategically spaced for privacy and to maximise immersion in the bush and surrounding landscapes, comes complete with its own plunge pool and use of a boat and skipper. Nature-centric experiences will include canoeing, fishing, birdwatching, boat safaris, and encounters with wildlife, all curated to elevate the guest experience in the African bush in an entirely unforgettable way.
Anantara Kafue River Tented Camp will stand as a beacon of sustainable practices, an oasis where luxury harmonises with nature. The resort will embrace eco-friendly features, from harnessing photo voltaic energy to employing parabolic collectors and sustainable woods, ensuring a delicate equilibrium between development and the preservation of the natural environment.
Dillip Rajakarier, CEO Minor Hotels and Group CEO of parent company Minor International, commented, “We are really excited to announce this partnership with Agro Safari to develop and launch an exclusive tented camp in Zambia under our luxury Anantara flag. This represents a unique opportunity to offer unparalleled experiences to discerning travellers looking to explore outside the more well known African parks and we look forward to working closely with our partners to bring this camp to fruition.”
Anantara already has a strong presence in Southern Africa with The Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Hotel by Anantara in Zambia and two small island resorts in Mozambique – Anantara Bazaruto Island Resort and Anantara Medjumbe Island Resort. In addition the group has joint venture ownership of Elewana Collection, a portfolio of luxurious camps and lodges in East Africa, including Elewana Elsa’s Kopje in Meru, Kenya and Elewana Serengeti Pioneer Camp in Tanzania, hence has significant expertise on delivering exceptional safari experiences.
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney