The world-renowned Museum of Graffiti will celebrate its fourth anniversary this coming Art Basel with an unprecedented schedule of new exhibitions, brand activations, and more. This year, trailblazing LA-based artist MEAR ONE, will open a solo exhibition entitled Metaphysical Surrealism on December 6, 2023, marking a pivotal moment in the artist’s lengthy career as a graffiti artist turned master oil painter. Guests of the show can also expect the return of the Mi Campo Artist Lounge on the Museum’s patio, where MEAR ONE and the rest of the graffiti community will be sipping signature cocktails while participating in interactive art programming and signings, and listening to the beats of celebrity DJ sets.
Additionally, Berlin’s own 1UP Crew will be curating a new exhibition inside the Museum featuring blown-up Polaroid photographs of artists taken by Martha Cooper and Nika Kramer. The artists include 1UP, 2Alas, Vhils, Mark Gonzales, Boo Johnson, Futura, Maya Hayuk, Futura, Eneri, Reds, and Revok. After each artist has their photograph taken on a Polaroid camera, the image will be blown up and made available to the artist to hand embellish. The artists will be painting over these photographs live at the Museum on December 6 and 7, 2023. The hand-painted Polaroid blow-ups will be converted into limited edition prints signed, numbered, and released at the Museum during an event on December 8, 2023, at 1pm.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: From December 6 – 9, guests can expect to enjoy all the offerings of the Mi Campo Artist Lounge in addition to other exciting activations such as a complete sneaker customization bar presented by Modelo.
WEDS DEC 6
11AM – 1PM: The Salty Donut presents Breakfast with Mear One: The first look of Museum of Graffiti’s marquis exhibition entitled Metaphysical Surrealism featuring a special DJ set by The Gaslamp Killer and print release.
3:05PM: MOG x Atomik Umbrella release party presented by Only In Dade
8PM: Museum of Graffiti 4th Anniversary Party (invitation only) – Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for media access.
THURS DEC 7
11AM: Limited edition OS GEMEOS skate deck release
2PM: CES book release event followed by PETER PAID commemorative poster signing. CES’ first book entitled From the Desk of CES is a compilation of over 100 rare illustrations from the graffiti genius.
FRI DEC 8
1PM: Print release in partnership with 1UP Crew and supported by Polaroid, featuring legendary artists 2Alas, Vhils, Mark Gonzales, Boo Johnson, Futura, Maya Hayuk, Futura, Eneri, Reds, and Revok.
- Trip.com Group Name Change Made Official
- Qatar Airways Celebrates Qatar National Day in the Skies With Special On-board Menu and Amenity Kits
- Make Valentine’s Day all about you with Self-Love playlist on Spotify
- Elegant East Meets West at Mandarin Oriental
- Cruising Into Christmas
- Skyscanner Adds Airline Safety Information To Ease Traveller Anxiety
- Historic day for Sydney aviation as Jerry Schwartz partners with Sydney Aviation Holdings to boost city’s glorious seaplane heritage
- UNWTO, IE University, Sommet Education Partner To Accelerate Online Education
- Stop gouging travellers! ACCC targets bank rip-offs
- D-Edge Hospitality Solutions: The Marriage Of Technology & Marketing