New Caledonia is quickly becoming one of Australia’s favourite travel destinations.
A recent report from Skyscanner has revealed New Caledonia has had an incredible 254% surge in online searches, ranking as the 8th most popular holiday spot with Aussie travellers.
New Caledonia beat out other much-loved destinations such as the Philippines, Vietnam and Bali, proving Aussies are turning their attention to this South Pacific jewel in 2024.
This tropical paradise boasts pristine white sandy beaches, mouthwatering French-Pacific fusion cuisine, and the world’s largest UNESCO World Heritage-listed lagoon. It’s no wonder why Aussies are falling in love with New Caledonia.
Visitors can expect diverse landscapes, from lush rainforests to sprawling grasslands, outdoor adventures like sea kayaking and mountain biking, and can immerse themselves in the local Kanak culture. Whether you seek tranquillity on the Isle of Pines or wish to immerse yourself in the cultural buzz of Nouméa, New Caledonia captures visitors with its unrivalled natural beauty and hospitality.
New Caledonia is also one of Australia’s closest neighbours, just a 2-hour flight from Brisbane and a 3-hour flight from Sydney. The national carrier, Aircalin, is set to relaunch the highly anticipated Melbourne to Nouméa flights on the 8th of December, making the destination even more accessible for Aussie travellers.
- Ascott Opens Japan’s First Lyf Coliving Property In The Vibrant Fukuoka City
- Vegan on Vacation
- Read What’s Happening Inside Australian Travel Industry!
- oneworld is millennials’ favourite airline alliance again
- Henrietta: Australia’s Hottest Chick Now Open in Melbourne!
- Luxury Trio: A by Adina, Quincy, Darling Harbour
- Australia’s marine environment needs more funding after decade of neglect
- Unveil Nature’s Gems at Reflections Holiday Parks’ Wildlife Wonders!
- Sojern Data Shows Desktop Travel Search Remains Dominate
- Coralie Bell takes top job at Australian Regional Tourism