One hundred thirty-seven million Travel App downloads on both app stores in Q2.
According to numbers provided by SensorTower, a total of 137 million downloads of top travel apps on the App Store and Play Store combined took place in the last quarter. According to the numbers presented by AugustaFreePress.com, downloads of travel/navigation apps increased by an impressive 18% y-o-y growth during the second quarter of 2022.
From Q4 2020 to Q3 2021, the number of downloads consistently grew from 70 million to 123 million – 76%. Historically, this was the best quarter for travel/navigation apps as the number even eclipsed Pre-covid downloads. Overall, the downloads of top travel/navigation apps reached 137 million during this period. Historically, travel app downloads hit their peak during the third quarter of a year.
The downloads picked up during the first quarter of 2022 and reached 115 million. The total app downloads progressively increased during the year’s first three quarters. The number of downloads increased to 137 million in Q2.
The graph shows that downloads hit an all-time low during 2020 as COVID-19 rampaged the world. The growth in downloads has continued into the second quarter of 2022. The US tourism industry is at its peak during Q3, also reflected in travel app downloads. This was the third consecutive quarter to see an improvement in the number of downloads.
However, the escalating curve changed its direction in Q4 as downloads dropped to 106m. As compared to Q1, downloads increased by 19%. Year on year, this figure represents a 33.7% growth from 2021. The Y-O-Y growth rate dropped from 33.7% in Q1 to 18% in Q2. Hence, one can expect the upward trend in download numbers to continue in the third quarter.
Now that the world is open following the pandemic, the world is making up for the lost time.
Written by: Matthew Thomas
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam