Green Globe, the global leader in sustainable tourism practices has awarded Cora Cora Maldives the coveted Green Globe certification. In just nine months since the five-star luxury Maldivian resort, Cora Cora Maldives opened, the property is delighted to be the only hotel in the Raa Atoll to be Green Globe certified. Cora Cora Maldives understands its responsibility towards the magnificent environment and is honoured that its efforts have been recognised by the prestigious organisation.
Cora Cora Maldives’ comprehensive Environment Policy targets first and foremost adherence to good governance practices and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR); Sustainability, and seven main issues: Energy, Water, Waste, Green Procurement, Destination Protection, Conservation of Marine Life and Reefs, and Biodiversity and Protection of Wildlife. Each of the conservation strategies has been carefully designed to achieve the resort’s sustainability targets, reduce the long-term environmental impacts, protect the destination’s rich culture, and increase the welfare of employees, guests, and the environment. From limiting single-use plastics to implementing sustainable operations across every department within the resort, Cora Cora Maldives is doing invaluable work today to ensure a greener future for the next generation.
Green Globe is the world’s leading certification when it comes to sustainable operation and management within the Travel & Tourism Industry worldwide. Founded 29 years ago, Green Globe recognises and celebrates hotels, resorts, conference centres, and attractions that have implemented effective and efficient sustainable solutions to protect the environment and wildlife.
“We understand the challenges that come with incorporating sustainability into our everyday lives. At Cora Cora Maldives, we have taken our first steps in our quest for a greener tomorrow, a feat we have achieved in our first nine months. I am exceptionally proud of the team and of our achievement, but I realise there is still far to go” enthuses Justin Swart, General Manager.”
“At Cora Cora Maldives, we believe that sustainability is essential to the long-term growth of our business. We are fully committed to implementing sustainable and ecological practices that benefit both the environment as well as the resort. We hope our efforts can drive real change so that they become tomorrow’s standard.”
The five-star resort has implemented several conservation strategies in the hope that not only will they protect the environment for future generations, but also set a standard for other resorts in the destination to follow.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam