Addressing the shortfall of talent remaining in and new talent entering into the global meetings industry, IAPCO launches a global Job Board, created specifically to connect job-seekers with meetings industry employers.
The IAPCO mission is to raise the standards of service amongst its members and other sectors of the global meetings industry and ensuring we have the right talent with the right skills in our industry is essential.
Many IAPCO Members, convention bureaus, venues and service providers are reporting that recruitment of new talent and retention of great existing talent into the global meetings and events industry, now that most regions around the globe have opened up again, is one of the most pressing issues facing them today and will likely continue well into the future..
At the most recent IAPCO Impact Dialogue held online on 28th July, 47% of the audience identified that talent recruitment was their main concern for the foreseeable future, whilst 37% identified staff retention.
Martin Boyle, CEO of IAPCO states that “todays launch of the IAPCO Job Board is the first step in a series of new initiatives from IAPCO designed to address this serious issue head-on. The Job Board will provide a central location where employers, whether from the supplier or client side, can post their open roles and where job-seekers can visit to post their CVs, search and apply for the perfect role that fits their talent and passion. Future steps include recruitment and retention specific content in our EDGE Seminars and publications along with a drive to engage with learning institutions to inspire new graduates to become the next generation of meeting professionals.”
The IAPCO Job Board is offered free to IAPCO Members as an added value to their membership whilst being offered at a nominal fee for non-members and can be found at https://jobboard.iapco.org
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam