Visitors can take advantage of falling gas prices by taking a summer road trip to Costa Mesa, in the heart of Orange County. The annual OC Fair is summer’s best addition to the award-winning dining, shopping and entertainment that Costa Mesa has to offer. As one of the West Coast’s biggest fairs, the OC Fair welcomes over 1 million guests each year to its celebration of local and regional talent, live concerts with top artists, vendors with unique retail and food items and a carnival full of exciting entertainment for the family.
Important Fair Information (more details on our OC Fair page):
- The 2022 OC Fair runs for 31 days from July 15 to August 14, 2022.
- Hours – Wednesday, Thursday from 11 am to 11 pm, and Friday – Sunday from 11 am to midnight.
- Admission – General admission for adults ages 13 -59 is $12 on Wednesday and Thursday and $14 Friday through Sunday. Children 6-12 and Seniors are $7 Wednesday to Sunday. Advance ticket purchase is required; tickets can be purchased online.
Along with enjoying all the great fair food we’re all used to, like funnel cakes, deep-fried Oreos and giant turkey legs, the OC Fair offers unique options like the Maui Chicken pineapple bowl and a pork chop on a stick. Enjoy new treats like garlic-stuffed sausage from 22 Garlicky’s, cotton candy sundae cones from 58 Sweets by Cardinal!, and even gluten-free, vegan pastries at 13 Moongoat Coffee. On Thursdays from 11 am to 4 pm, experience the Taste of the Fair – enjoy sample-sized food options for $4 from vendors.
More Fun OC Fair Activities:
- Meet the OC Fair Foodies, including the new Sunny Lemon!
- Bring children to the midway to discover fun on the farm at Centennial Farms
- Action Sports Arena – home to demolition derbies, monster trucks, and speedway races
- Pacific Amphitheater – The Toyota Summer Concert Series features performances by Kool & The Gang, Trevor Noah, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Counting Crows and more. OC Fair admission is included with the price of concert tickets.
- The Hangar – The home of the tribute bands returns for nightly entertainment, with songs you can’t wait to sing along to from bands like No Duh, LA Sound Machine and Twisted Gypsy. Unlimited ride carnival wristbands are $49 during the fair. A one-day wristband can be used Wednesday or Thursday from 11 am to 8 pm.
More Great Things to Do in Costa Mesa
- FREE Movie Mondays at Segerstrom Center for the Arts (SCFTA): “To Kill a Mockingbird” on July 18, “Frozen” on July 25, and “Hairspray” on August 1, and “Chicago” on August 8.
- Concerts in the Park at Costa Mesa’s Fairview Park: Sone Soul on July 19 and Tijuana Dogs on July 26
- Enjoy the sunshine at one of our nearby Orange County beaches.
- Summer shopping events, including exhibits by Porsche Design and Aston-Martin at South Coast Plaza
- Pre-register for FREE tickets to public practices of the Los Angeles Chargers at the Jack Hammett Sports Complex. Practices will be held on July 27, July 28, and July 29 without pads. July 30 will celebrate NFL Training Camp: Back Together Saturday, which will include a special giveaway for fans in attendance and a visit from the Chargers’ radio broadcast team. Full pad practices will take place on August 1, August 5, August 6, August 10 and August 11, with a Sunday Night Football time slot on August 7.
- Visitors looking for more things to do in Costa Mesa can check the Travel Costa Mesa Calendar of Events.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation