Imagine you are dropped somewhere in the world virtually, into a Google Street View panorama, and you must guess where you are.
Your mission is to find clues and guess your location on the world map.
Players of the game Geoguessr are confronted by a section of Google Street View and challenged to work out where the picture was taken – trying to be faster than their opponents. It takes deduction and skill.
You can get a taste of it here:
There are two game modes, single player without a time limit or multiplayer. The closer a guess is to where the picture was taken, the more points you score.
GeoGuessr has been around since 2013 and, according to the developer, has about 30 million players worldwide.
The arrival of Covid, which postponed of a lot of real-life travel plans, may have boosted GeoGuessr’s popularity. Virtual travel eliminates airport queues, among other things, though you can’t beat being there – which entails real travel.
Written by Peter Needham
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation