Cairns-based tour operator Nikki Giumelli from Bad Fishy Jet Boating said the return of cruise ships to the region was a positive step towards recovery. We’ve experienced many challenges due to ongoing border closures resulting in our business being forced to shut down for a period.
Cruise ship guests make up a large portion of our customer base, so the restart of the cruise will allow us to build up our business once again. Bob Wood Cruise Group was excited to see the return of cruising in Queensland after two and half years. It’s great to be a part of an industry that has such a positive impact on the entire community, particularly the local suppliers that continue to showcase their region and provide our guests with unforgettable experiences, said Carmen Stevenson, General Manager of Bob Wood Cruise Group.
The visit is one of 10 calls the 2000-guest Coral Princess will make as part of her winter season from her new homeport of Brisbane and marks ten years of Princess ships sailing from Queensland. It is also the first ship to bring the MedallionClass experience to Australia, making holidays with Princess more simple, effortless, personalised and connected.
In yet another positive step for the tourism industry, the visits are expected to generate 6.6M for Cairns, a much-needed boost for local tourism operators, and retail and hospitality sectors, which have struggled with reduced visitation numbers.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation