Melco Resorts & Entertainment welcomes and supports the amendment to the gaming law which was earlier passed by the Legislative Assembly and signed by the Chief Executive of the Macau SAR. The Company believes the amended gaming law will be beneficial to the healthy and stable long-term development of the industry and Macau. In addition, Melco Resorts (Macau) Limited has today entered into an amendment agreement to the subconcession contract extending its gaming subconcession to December 31, 2022 which sets out a smooth transition ahead of the tender for the new concessions. The Company looks forward to participating in the forthcoming public tender for the award of a gaming concession.
Also, Melco announced that with the implementation of the amended gaming law and the extension of its gaming subconcession, the operation of Grand Dragon Casino will continue beyond June 27, 2022 with its employees continuing to be fully engaged.
The Company is grateful for the great efforts of the SAR government and Legislative Assembly in refining the relevant legal framework, and is fully confident in the development of Macau’s integrated tourism and leisure industry. The Company will continue to assist the SAR government in promoting economic diversification to further strengthen Macau’s position as a world center of tourism and leisure and support the local community.
Melco remains committed to supporting the government’s robust anti-epidemic efforts for the protection of Macau’s society and will continue to follow the government’s guidance to prevent the spread of the pandemic. The health and safety of our colleagues, guests and the community is always our priority. We will continue to stand together with everyone in Macau in our battle against the virus to safeguard our community.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation