The Polish Air Navigation Services Agency (PANSA) has selected global air transport IT provider, SITA, in a four-year contract to digitally transform air/ground communications and boost air traffic safety and efficiency. Eight of Poland’s international airports will be participating: Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Katowice, Modlin, Wroclaw, Poznan, and Rzeszow.
Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs), like PANSA, must be able to manage efficient, reliable, clear, and important data exchanges with aircraft pilots, such as clearance for departures. To meet this critical need for communicating with air traffic management systems and aircraft, moving from voice to digital departure clearance with SITA’s ATC Datalink Services will enable the efficient and safe running of the airspace overseen by PANSA.
The Departure Clearance (DCL) datalink service supports the digital exchange of departure clearances between the air traffic controller and the pilot and easily interfaces with other systems used by the Air Traffic Controller Officer (ATCO). DCL is faster and more accurate because it reduces misunderstandings often associated with conventional, lower-quality voice communications. It increases safety and reduces delays by ensuring correct, timely clearances reach the intended aircraft.
Maciej Rodak, Vice President for Air Navigation, PANSA, said: “Poland is the main eastern gateway into the EU and one of the largest airspaces in Europe. We’re leveraging the latest technologies to ensure the safety of the passengers and airlines using our airspace, which represents almost 2000 flights every day. We have been working with SITA since 2017, and we are confident they can support our needs.”
Yann Cabaret, CEO, SITA FOR AIRCRAFT, said: “We’re delighted to be continuing our partnership with PANSA. Our DCL datalink service will help modernize air traffic communications in Poland, supporting safety and efficiency as travel rebounds.”
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam