Sabre Corporation a leading software and technology provider that powers the global travel industry, today announced an enhanced relationship with Cathay Pacific Airways which will give Sabre-connected travel agencies globally the ability to access dynamic New Distribution Capability (NDC) content from Cathay Pacific through the Sabre travel marketplace.
The latest deal gives Sabre extra traction on its NDC roadmap while creating additional modern airline retailing opportunities for Cathay Pacific, and enabling Sabre-connected agencies to shop, book and service Cathay Pacific content to create more personalized trips and experiences for the end traveller. This new agreement follows a signing at the beginning of this year which saw Cathay Pacific select Sabre’s Fares Manager and Fares Optimizer solutions to achieve strategic pricing and intelligent offer creation.
“As we move further into recovery, it’s vital that we are able to create more differentiated content that is reflective of travellers’ wants and needs today and tomorrow,” said Cathay Pacific General Manager Sales and Distribution Martin Xu. “Having created that content, we need to make sure that as many travellers as possible have access to it, whether through direct or indirect channels. That’s why we’re delighted to be joining Sabre’s Beyond NDC family at this key moment for the travel industry.”
The agreement builds on a busy NDC roadmap Sabre has laid out for the remainder of 2022 to continue to advance its capabilities. It also takes effect as Cathay Pacific resumes flying to more destinations following adjustments to some travel curbs in Hong Kong.
“NDC is more important than ever as the travel industry seeks to capture the tailwinds of recovery, and 2022 is gearing up to be a key year for our NDC efforts,” said Kathy Morgan, Vice President, Channel Delivery, Sabre Travel Solutions. “A critical enabler in creating a more dynamic distribution environment where it is easier to adapt to changing marketing conditions, NDC is a win-win-win for the airline, agency and traveller so we’re thrilled to have Cathay Pacific join us as we continue to drive our long-term Beyond NDC retailing and distribution vision forward.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience