Sydney’s hotel industry reported steady occupancy, while room rates fell slightly from the prior month, according to preliminary May 2022 data from STR.
- Occupancy: 65.1%
- Average daily rate (ADR): AUD233.96
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): AUD152.32
When looking at daily data, Tuesday and Wednesday occupancy levels hovered between 65% and 75% and outperformed most Saturdays, which shows an increase in business demand.
The highest daily occupancy level for the month (82.8%) came on 28 May, the first Saturday of Vivid Sydney 2022. The event also drove ADR to AUD305.18, which was up 10.7% from the Saturday prior.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation