It’s Freedom Time! Cora Cora Maldives was delighted to welcome delegates from the Ministry for Art, Culture and Heritage as well as the National Centre for Cultural Heritage to its’ Dutch OnionÒ Museum and Outdoor Heritage Site on International Museums Day for its official inauguration.
The Dutch OnionÒ Museum was officially inaugurated on this momentous day by Ahmadhulla Jameel, Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Arts, Culture, and Heritage, and Justin Swart, General Manager of Cora Cora Maldives. The Deputy Minister stated that “incorporating cultural heritage into development plans can provide economic gain, protect local and national identity and pride, and remind people of their common history. Cora Cora Maldives is a perfect example of this.” The Ministry as well as National Centre are looking forward to their continued collaboration with Cora Cora Maldives.
“The Dutch OnionÒ encourages visitors to learn about the country’s nature, archaeology, economy, and much more. Our museum reflects an illustration of Maldivian culture, art, and heritage. Receiving the official museum permit on International Museum Day and in the presence of the Ministry commemorates a very special day for Cora Cora Maldives. The unique museum tells the rich story of travel and transformation across the Maldives. We hope that this is the first of many partnerships between Cora Cora Maldives and the official governmental bodies dedicated to arts and culture.” Enthuses General Manager of Cora Cora Maldives, Justin Swart.
Cora Cora Maldives was the very first resort in the destination to have a licensed art gallery and museum showcasing over 400 local artefacts with a traditional Maldivian house, two bathing tanks, and a mosque fountain in the Outdoor Heritage Site. Guests can experience an interactive journey through time and explore the rich history of the Maldives.
Cora Cora Maldives offers its guests a one-of-a-kind immersive Maldivian cultural, experiential, and culinary experience. Comprising 100 villas, four restaurants, two bars, MokshaÒ Spa and Wellbeing Centre, water sports & diving centre, gym, overwater yoga pavilion, outdoor cinema, kids’ club, and Dutch Onion Art Gallery. Cora Cora Maldives is 45-minutes by seaplane from Velana International Airport or 30 minutes by domestic flight followed by a 20-minute speedboat journey. Cora Cora Maldives is the ultimate idyllic, island escape.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience