The Vanuatu Tourism Office has welcomed Virgin Australia’s announcement today that it will start direct services from Brisbane to Port Vila, Vanuatu from 10 March 2023, with up to five (5) flights a week.
With Vanuatu’s borders opening to Australian travellers on July 1st 2022, the Vanuatu Tourism Office reports it expects the island destination to be very popular with both families and couples looking for a nature-based escape close to Australia.
Vanuatu Tourism Office’s Chief Executive Officer, Mrs. Adela Issachar Aru, says the return of Virgin Australia to Vanuatu in March, will give travellers even more choice when planning their travels to Vanuatu.
“Vanuatu stands ready to welcome Australians back to our shores from July 1 and the Virgin Australia scheduled flights from Brisbane to Port Vila provide even more choice for Australians answering the call of Vanuatu,” said Adela.
This is a very positive step towards re-establishing international aviation access to Vanuatu and getting capacity back to pre-COVID levels by the end of 2023 is key for us in achieving our tourism roadmap.
“Virgin Australia’s sale fares offering a 30 per cent discount on seats to Vanuatu will be well received in the market, flying on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. This is great news for holiday makers from across Australia. We know that the Virgin Australia network also supports connections to a range of other ports across Australia.”
Virgin Australia says its Short Haul International operations continue to grow, and to celebrate this, it has dropped a Set Your Sights Overseas sale, with discounts of up to 30 per cent on offer.
Return Economy Lite fares from Brisbane to Vanuatu are on sale until midnight 20 June 2022 include and are priced from $469
In addition, from 15 to 24 June 2022, Velocity Frequent Flyer members will get a mega bonus of 2,000 Velocity Points when they book Virgin Australia flights between Vanuatu and Australia, for travel until 11 May 2023.
Flights to Vanuatu are available to book now, with Air Vanuatu offering five non-stop flights from Sydney, one direct service a week from Melbourne, and three non-stop flights a week from Brisbane to Port Vila. For more information or to book, please visit airvanuatu.com.
For more information on entry requirements and for updates on deals and product offerings ahead of Vanuatu’s reopening, please visit vanuatu.travel/au.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience