Sinxayaram Temple presents a “Kingdom of Buddhism” in Meuang Feuang, about a 90-minute drive from Vientiane. The recently upgraded temple compound has been attracting the faithful from around Laos and northern Thailand for decades and is now welcoming tourists.
The sprawling Sinxayaram Temple grounds, surrounded by mountains and forests, present hundreds of golden Buddha images alongside religious structures and sites. A long red carpet welcomes visitors to a walkway around the temple and leads to several points of interest.
You will find 1,200 golden Buddhas in sitting positions, where the faithful pray for success. A herb garden dotted with Buddha sculptures offers a place to pray for good health. Other sacred sites include an area to mourn the dead, pray for good fortune and wealth, pray for work advancement, and learn about Buddhism.
According to Mr Songthon Sodxay who oversees Sinxayaram Temple, the faithful flock to the holy grounds during three main Buddhist holidays and cultural festivals. The Rice Festival (Boun Pha Thay Khao), held in March, honours Laos’ abundance of rice and agriculture. In mid-April, people come to celebrate Songkran (Lao New Year), and later in the year, they arrive for the Rocket Festival (Boun Bang Fai) to pray for rain after the dry season.
Mr Songthon added that nuns come to the monastery throughout the year to maintain their health and calm their minds. He added that laypeople often visit Sinxayaram Temple to worship, meditate, and study Buddhism.
Visit Sinxayaram Temple while staying in nature at Nam Lik riverside accommodation, and walk through the peaceful compound while learning about Buddhism.
Note: Women must wear Lao sarongs to visit the temple and men should dress appropriately. Please take off your shoes at the red carpet entrance.
Other attractions in Meuang Feuang include Ban Lao Meuang Feuang, Nam Tong Lake, and Pha Luang Bat Cave.
How to Get to Sinxayaram Temple: From Vientiane and Vang Vieng, take the expressway to the Hin Hoeup exit and head west on the newly paved Nam Lik River Road to Ban Don, where you turn south on the Meuang Feuang District road. Continue for about 15 minutes to Sinxayaram Temple, which is located in Nonhinhae Village.
Meuang Feuang Riverside Accommodation
Ban Lao Meuang Feuang
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 5247 3888
Facebook Page, click here
Meuang Feuang Ni Yome
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 5449 9298
Facebook Page: click here
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 5478 7878, 5656 5611
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 56 882 281
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 5858 9119
Car Rental Services w/Driver Option
SP Car Rental Laos
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/spcarrentallaos
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 5858 9119
WhatsApp/Tel: +856 20 8881 0101
Written by: Bernie Rosenbloom
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation