The Sunshine Coast’s renowned produce and restaurants will be showcased across the region in The Curated (side) Plate from 29 July to 7 August.
Local restaurants, farms, tourism and event operators are combining to present 85 authentic events designed to provide visitors with a rich menu of options across the ten days.
The Curated Plate made its debut in 2019, showcasing local produce as curated by international, national and local chefs to food lovers and after a break the reimagined event is back in 2022.
The Curated (side) Plate is a celebration of ‘local’ with a vast array of well-priced events from fine-dinners such as Harry’s on Buderim and Spicers Tamarind to great local producers including Montville Coffee and Sunshine Coast Cider.
The full program has been released – https://thecuratedplate.com.au/events/the-program – and features an exceptional diversity of food, dining and beverage experiences.
The Sunshine Coast’s legendary seafood will be the focus of many events, including seafood and native bushfoods cruises, Pol Roger & seafood degustations, a Sunny Coast crab lunch, and a deep-dive into Mooloolaba’s seafood sector with a ‘Trawler to Table’ experience that includes a scenic cruise to the Mooloolaba fisheries to sample Mooloolaba’s famed prawns, followed by a delicious waterfront lunch at See Restaurant.
Leading local chefs such as Matt Golinski, Alejandro Cancino and Stuart Bell will host interactive events, while Melbourne’s Victor Liong of Lee Ho Fook will join forces with The Tamarind chef, Daniel Jarrett, to showcase the nuances of modern Chinese cookery in two special ‘Good Fortune for your Mouth’ lunches at Spicers Tamarind Retreat.
The Sunshine Coast’s newly minted status as Australia’s ‘craft beer capital’ will be recognised in a range of events including brewery tours, beer and food matching masterclasses and a ‘Brewer for a Day’, where participants join Brouhaha Maleny’s lead brewer, Thijmen, in a hands-on experience to learn the art of crafting great beer.
The Sunshine Coast’s spectacular landscape will feature prominently throughout the festival, with cruises from Mooloolaba, long lunches in the lush hills of the Hinterland, and The Beachside Bluff pop-up at Alexandra Headland overlooking the ocean offering cuisines from the Sunshine Coast’s best restaurants.
Visit Sunshine Coast CEO Matt Stoeckel said good food and drink were strong motivators for travel, and The Curated (side) Plate was the perfect opportunity for visitors to explore the region – plate in hand.
“From our famed Mooloolaba prawns to award-winning craft beers, incredible restaurants and agri-tourism products the Sunshine Coast has incredible culinary experiences,” Mr Stoeckel said.
“Events like this provide a platform to showcase all that is new in our food and drink experiences and build our profile as a must-visit food destination in Australia.”
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATION DEALS
With ‘winters’ offering largely mild and sunny days, it is a perfect time for a Sunny Coast getaway. A range of special accommodation deals during the festival can be sourced from the Visit Sunshine Coast site: https://www.visitsunshinecoast.com/deals. They include*:
- Stay 5 nights at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach and save up to 15%.
- Stay 2 nights or more at ULTIQA Shearwater Resort in Caloundra and save 15%. Book online with the hotel using promo code STAY15.
- Stay 4, Pay 3 at Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort (bookings need to be made prior to 24 June).
*All special deals subject to availability (see individual websites for conditions).
The Curated Plate is an event initiative of Sunshine Coast Council and supported by the Sunshine Coast Food and Agribusiness Network (FAN). The Curated (Side) Plate 2022 is supported by the Queensland Government through Tourism and Events Queensland and features on the It’s Live! in Queensland events calendar. Full details: https://thecuratedplate.com.au/
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience