The best part about winter is truffle season, and the short season is underway with Manjimup black truffles accessible to everyone via Australian Truffle Traders www.australiantruffletraders.
Gavin Booth, owner of family business Australian Truffle Traders, said that it’s been a slow start to the truffle season with high quality truffles.
“The first frosts of the cold season happened at the perfect time for truffles to develop intense pungency and the truffles we’re harvesting have been A-Grade,” Gavin said.
“Truffles ooze decadence but they aren’t just for chefs and people who eat at fancy restaurants.
“Truffles can be enjoyed easily by everyone – simply shaved on top of hot buttered thick crusty bread with a smear of honey, atop of creamy scrambled eggs, baked in a gooey brie and a million other ways.
“The truffle season doesn’t last long, so I say enjoy one of life’s simple pleasures while you can,” Gavin said.
For an unforgettable truffle experience, there’s nothing like hunting them for yourself. Visit the truffle farm in Manjimup, follow trained truffle dogs Molly, Gidgee Max and trainee Gunnah, as they nose out the ripest of fresh truffles and discover the famous allure for yourself.
Truffle Hunts through the hazelnut and oak orchards at Australian Truffle Traders take place every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday and other times by appointment – for bookings click here. ($70, 2 hours)
For trade and restaurant truffle supplies, Artisan Foods are distributors of Australian Truffle Traders truffles in Western Australia.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience