Making its long-awaited return after three years at home making sourdough in slouchwear, iconic after-hours party Jurassic Lounge is back, and this year it’s all about the heroes.
Taking place on Saturday 18 June, from 6:30-10pm, the Australian Museum (AM) invites Sydneysiders to jump out of those trackies, throw on a cape and get ready to conquer the world as only heroes do.
Featuring performances by some Sydney’s most fabulous drag queens, a mutant barnyard, spin jockeys and an autopsy of a T., rex conducted by leading scientists from Improv Theatre Sydney, Jurassic Lounge: Heroes guarantees a smorgasbord of fun. There will be dancing, sideshow antics, immersive experiences, a pop-up bar and the chance to explore the AM’s epic exhibition, Jurassic World by Brickman®.
The evening’s epic line-up features:
- Soul of Sydney DJs: Fresh from performances at Sydney Festival and Vivid, Soul of Sydney DJs are professional body-movers and purveyors of the finest musical selections of Soul, Funk, Afro-Latin Roots, Dance Floor Jazz, NY Disco, Roller Boogie, Garage and beyond.
- Sydney Drag Royalty: Three of Sydney’s finest drag queens will be gracing our galleries with their best performances and silent disco vibes. Headphones will be provided.
- Nocturnals Uncovered with Celia Curtis: Scientific Illustrator, Celia Curtis will teach you how to sketch specimens from the Museum’s own collection in these drop-in drawing classes.
- Gramophone Man & the Mutant Barnyard: Peruse a collection of The Space Cowboy’s sideshow curios, while Gramophone Man serenades you with his unique music contraption and collection of hits from the ‘20s, ‘30s and ‘40s.
- T.rex Autopsy: Join the team from Improv Theatre Sydney as they dive into the insides of a T. rex.
- Deep Sea Astronouts: Alli Sebastian Wolf’s incredible critter creations will be roaming the AM.
So slap on a utility belt, dust off the costume and head out the door because The Bat-Signal is calling you to the Australian Museum.
This is paid event and tickets cost $35 for Members and $45 for non-Members.
Jurassic Lounge is supported by Archie Rose Distilling Co and funded by the NSW Government.
More Information https://australian.museum/
What: Jurassic Lounge: Heroes
When: Saturday 18 June
Where: Australian Museum, 1 William St, Sydney NSW 2010
Cost: $35 Member, $40 non-Members
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience