What happens when a classically trained French chef discovers she can’t have gluten? The answer: She creates her own Artisan flour blends that deliver all the taste and texture one would expect when eating a slice of pizza or a forkful of pasta — without the gluten.
Chef Jen Peters launched The Good Flour Co. to share her gluten-free, allergen-free and additive-free flours with lovers of good food everywhere. Chef Jen’s ready-made flour blends contain nutritionally dense superfood grains like millet and buckwheat and take out the guesswork for home cooks seeking substitutions for traditional wheat flour.
The Good Flour Co.’s products make it possible for those with gluten intolerance to safely indulge in delicious homemade bread, pasta and pancakes; battered chicken, fish and tempura; and even vanilla bean cake.
Chef Jen was a protégé of Chef Bruno Marti (the beloved godfather of fine dining cuisine in Canada), and worked and trained in Michelin-starred restaurants, where she created culinary masterpieces for others to enjoy even as she suffered the horrible effects Celiac disease that went undiagnosed for 20 years.
With the answer she finally needed, she began researching and creating a line of gluten-free, all-purpose baking blends that would allow her to continue making popular kitchen staples like bread, pasta and pastries without sacrificing taste or texture, or settling for low-quality alternatives.
In 2012, Chef Jen finally perfected her recipe and founded Nextjen Gluten-Free with her partner (and husband), Chef Hamid Salimian, who has built a reputation as a “chef’s chef”, winning the respect of his peers for his eye for detail, insistence on quality, and his commitment to mentoring the next generation of chefs. As the co-founder of the company, Chef Hamid is also its food photographer. He acts as a culinary consultant for national brands such as Earls Kitchen + Bar and shares his knowledge and expertise with a new generation of chefs as an instructor in the VCC Culinary Arts program.
In 2021, the husband and wife duo teamed up with Matthew Clayton and rebranded the company as The Good Flour Co. Today, their products are used in more than 70 restaurants nationwide and are available for retail purchase online. Good Flour Co.’s gluten-free products are also GMO-free, allergen-free and contain ingredients with the highest nutritional content available.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience