Among key hotel markets in the Asia Pacific region, Sydney’s gross operating profit per available room (GOPPAR) level came closest to its 2019 comparable, according to STR‘s April 2022 P&L data release. After coming in at just 51% of 2019 GOPPAR levels in March, Sydney posted an April GOPPAR of US$52.08, which was 82% of the pre-pandemic comparable.
Also reporting significant month-over-month improvement, Singapore posted an April GOPPAR of US$45.56. That level was 54% of the pre-pandemic comparable after the market had reached just 37% using the same comparison in March. Bangkok’s GOPPAR was 27% of the 2019 comparable, up from 13% in March.
While improved, Hong Kong’s GOPPAR remained in negative territory for a fourth straight month. Beijing was the only key market in the Asia Pacific region to show lower profitability from the prior month.
Industry stakeholders interested in Monthly P&L participation should contact MonthlyPnL@STR.com. Those interested in subscribing to reports should contact their account manager or info@STR.com.
Key profitability metrics:
TRevPAR – Total revenue per available room
GOPPAR – Gross operating profit per available room
EBITDA – Earnings before interest, income tax, depreciation, and amortization
LPAR – Total labor costs per available room
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation