The Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA), the state agency responsible for holistically managing tourism, has awarded a new contract for a comprehensive range of brand management and visitor education services for the Hawaiian Islands in the United States market, as well as support services shared by Hawai‘i’s brand management teams worldwide.
HTA issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the United States market on April 15. A list of finalists was determined, and presentations were made to an evaluation committee comprised of HTA, community and industry leaders.
In addition to the in-market activities contracted in previous periods, this Request For Proposals (RFP 22-01) included coordination, communication, and promotion in Hawaiʻi for initiatives produced by the community through the Destination Management Action Plans. It also included support services for Hawaiʻi’s official travel website, app, social media channels, and creative content used worldwide for branding and visitor education.
The contract was awarded to the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement.
HTA will negotiate a multi-year contract with the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement which will commence on June 30, 2022, and will end on December 31, 2024, with HTA having the option to extend the agreement for an additional two years.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience