Visit Sunshine Coast is partnering with one of Australia’s largest pineapple producers – Sunshine Coast based Pure Gold Pineapples – to roll out a sweet and juicy winter promotion from 1 to 24 June.
Any shopper who buys a Pure Gold Pineapple – which are available from Woolworths and Coles – and enters the competition during that time period can claim $100 dollars towards their next Sunshine Coast escape booked through My Queensland.
From there entrants will also go in the running to win a $10,000 My Queensland Sunshine Coast holiday.
The winner of the $10,000 My Queensland Sunshine Coast escape will be drawn on 27 June – which is International Pineapple Day.
Visit Sunshine Coast CEO Matt Stoeckel said the campaign was a nice way to make those chilly winter months a little bit sweeter, while celebrating a Sunshine Coast icon.
“Since the Big Pineapple first opened in 1971 pineapples have been a symbol of the Sunshine Coast,” Mr Stoeckel said.
“For many eating a pineapple conjures up images of warm beach days and tropical escapes, and that’s what we’re all about here – even in winter.
“The winter months are the perfect time to plan a Sunshine Coast holiday: from swimming with whales to a calendar of epic events, it’s a great time to visit the Coast.”
My Queensland CEO Ryan Thomas said: “We are proud to honour International Pineapple Day and offer a holiday prize to the Sunshine Coast, as it is home to the juicy pineapple”.
The Sunshine Coast is Australia’s largest pineapple growing region, and Pure Gold Pineapples supply a staggering 40 per cent of the tropical fruit available for purchase in Australia.
Each year Aussies consume 30 million pineapples, and Pure Gold Pineapples’ General Manager Anthony Dobson said there were plenty of reasons – beyond winning a Sunshine Coast escape – to buy a pineapple this winter.
“Pineapples are not only a great source of Vitamin C, they are also very high in manganese, making them a perfect winter snack,” he said.
“Pure Gold Pineapples is incredibly pleased to be supporting Visit Sunshine Coast with this marvellous holiday competition that gives our customers the opportunity to win a wonderful holiday to the region we call home.”
To find out more, go to www.visitsunshinecoast.com/win-10k-sunshine-coast-holiday
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience