Marina Bay Sands has become a Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certified Verified Venue (HMCC-VV), the first MICE venue globally to be accredited by Meeting Professionals International (MPI), the world’s largest industry association for meeting and event professionals. The accreditation, awarded only to venues that are equipped to meet the complex planning and operational standards mandated by international healthcare and life-science meeting event organisers, affirms the integrated resort (IR)’s efforts to remain competitive in a rapidly expanding marketplace.
Mike Lee, Vice President of Sales at Marina Bay Sands, said: “As the region’s leading MICE destination, Marina Bay Sands understands that complying with industry-specific regulations is critical to the success of every noteworthy event. While we’ve had past successes hosting pharmaceutical and medical-related events at Sands Expo and Convention Centre; the attainment of this certification is a crucial next step for us to push the boundaries in delivering impactful experiences, while navigating the stringent event requirements of our clients in this
As the criteria for hosting medical meetings are unique; with varying regulatory practices and venue requirements globally, HMCC-VV provides a comprehensive overview of healthcare compliance rules and empower venues with the skills and knowledge to successfully navigate pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device regulatory environments. It assesses venues based on 11 individual standards, such as compliance with global medical meeting laws and regulations, data privacy plans, reporting procedures, and experience with healthcare meetings.
Areas where Marina Bay Sands excelled at included:
• Over 40 per cent of Marina Bay Sands Sales team is equipped with the HMCC certification, demonstrating the skills and knowledge to manage cross-border healthcare compliance and reporting.
• Technical capabilities for increasing physical security, and data or intellectual security, such as the implementation of privacy signs, digital firewalls or encrypted servers, anda dedicated Data Privacy Officer.
• Flexible food and beverage planning options and resources, ranging from costs to medical meeting specific menus.
• Provision of detailed healthcare provider expense reporting.
“It has been a joy to partner with Marina Bay Sands on this exciting new initiative. The role of healthcare meeting professionals is a crucial one, but often, they are so bogged down trying to discern which venues meet minimum best practice standards for medical meetings it makes event design and execution that much harder. Meeting Professionals International is excited to be able to provide the Healthcare Meeting Compliance Certified Verified Venues (HMCCVV) designation to our hotel and venue partners to help streamline the process of securing compliant venues. Marina Bay Sands continues to be a leader in the medical meetings sector, and incredibly worth of displaying the HMCC-VV designation due to their diligence and attention to detail in all aspects of planning medical meetings,” said Nancy Snowden, Manager of Educational Experiences, Meeting Professionals International.
Since Marina Bay Sands opened in 2010, the IR has become the venue of many international and regional conferences and tradeshows. Close to 200 medical and pharmaceutical related events have been hosted at Sands Expo and Convention Centre, including new-to-Singapore events – the International Council of Nurses Congress, the Royal College of Surgeons Annual Scientific Congress and International Union of Microbiological Science, as well as the region’s leading healthcare trade fair Medical Fair Asia and the 28th World Congress on Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
For more information about events at Sands Expo, please visit
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience