Beep, a provider of multi-passenger, electric, autonomous mobility solutions, and Moovit, an Intel company and leading Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions provider, announced a partnership to advance Beep’s autonomous offerings for riders with Moovit’s capabilities that allow passengers to hail an autonomous shuttle within Beep’s autonomous mobility networks. The collaboration will provide customers with an even more predictable, safer, and sustainable form of alternative mobility with the Moovit On-Demand capabilities.
The Moovit app will be available to riders in Lake Nona, a 17-square mile master-planned community and advanced district in the City of Orlando, providing a more efficient mobility journey, including shortened wait times, and greater insight into their AV ride and beyond. Since September 2019, Beep has safely carried more than 50,000 passengers in Lake Nona, the largest and longest-running autonomous shuttle network at one location in the United States, connecting residential, commercial, retail, recreational, and medical services.
“Lake Nona is a great example of a smart and connected community that is achieving innovative mobility initiatives with the right partners. The combination of Moovit’s consumer interface and on-demand solution, coupled with Beep’s AV fleet, is a powerful one. It has the potential to expand ever more into Lake Nona and other cities in the U.S. to solve first and last-mile challenges,” said Uli Gal-Oz, Moovit Vice President of Business Development.
The beep will implement Moovit’s ride-hailing capabilities in additional project areas across the country including Tradition, a master-planned community by Mattamy Homes in Port Saint Lucie, Florida, and additional service areas with multiple routes.
“Moovit’s ride-hailing capabilities combined with Beep’s first and last-mile autonomous service will empower riders to more conveniently access key destinations in the communities we serve. This partnership will allow Beep to present a more responsive service to our passengers, further expanding access to our shuttle service to all passengers,” said Clayton Tino, Beep’s Chief Technology Officer.
Moovit Features for Riders
- Efficient Routes: Once a user launches the app and provides their destination, Moovit will display the most convenient travel options, including Beep’s routes and additional multimodal journeys
- Ride-Hailing: Users simply select Beep and follow the prompts to reserve a seat and hail an autonomous shuttle on one of Beep’s routes
- Shuttle Stop Navigation: Once the ride is booked, users are guided to a Beep pickup location within a short walking distance
- Real-Time Tracking:
- Before the trip, riders can track the approaching Beep shuttle in real-time and view its estimated arrival time
- During the trip, users can view the route on the map, as well as the estimated time to drop off.
In February 2022, Beep announced a collaboration with BENTELER EV Systems and Mobileye, Moovit’s sister company, to develop and deploy automotive-grade, fully electric, autonomous vehicles in public and private communities across North America in 2024.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam