Skål International World President Burcin Turkkan officially welcomed the Executive Board and International Council members to their meetings and a final joint meeting between the Board and Council.
International Council President Julie Dabaly joined the Executive Board in their meetings and led the Council in three days of agenda-packed meetings where several local government officials attended to support the organization.
“As an organization, we are constantly searching for updating and optimizing ourselves for the benefit of our membership.” said worldwide president Burcin Turkkan as they discussed the industry’s challenges in post-pandemic times.
‘Together we are stronger as one’ is president Turkkan’s theme for the year as she calls for all members and industry partners to work jointly towards the full recovery of the tourism industry.
Skål International Day was also celebrated during the 3-day meetings, and a live message was delivered on two time zones by president Turkkan and her entire board together with the International Council. She also participated live via zoom-in celebrations and new membership inductions held in other parts of the world, sharing her message of unity.
Skål International Executive Board and International Councillors visiting Skål International HQ in Torremolinos, Málaga, Spain.
Skål International strongly advocates for safe global tourism, focused on its benefits— ‘happiness, good health, friendship, and long life’. Since its inception in 1934, Skål International has been the leading organization of tourism professionals worldwide, promoting global tourism through friendship and uniting all travel and tourism industry sectors. For more information, please visit www.skal.org.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience