With an aim to increase domestic footfalls, Department of Tourism, Government of Karnataka along with Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. shall organise Multi City Roadshows from May 2022 to November 2022 to promote Karnataka Tourism and Travel Industry, like various tourist places, hotels, resorts, homestays, Tour operators and other service providers from Karnataka. KSTDC has identified 19 cities across the country, which are the key source market for domestic
arrivals. Guwahati, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nashik, Pune, Goa, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Chennai, Vijayawada, Hyderabad & Nagpur are the few select cities for hosting the roadshows.
The first leg of these B2B roadshows are being organized in New Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur and
Lucknow on May 17th , May 21st , May 23rd and May 25th respectively. This exclusive B2B Roadshow will have over 15 stakeholders from Karnataka interacting with more than 100 travel agent’s/tour operators of the respective cities. The main objective of Karnataka Tourism is to promote the State as a destination for Leisure, MICE, Adventure, Wildlife and Wedding Destination in theIndian market. KSTDC shall be the nodal agency to conduct the roadshows in various cities of India.
The Roadshow will have B2B interactions and presentations that will showcase the destination and also open up new avenues in bringing the destination in new light to the travel and trade community. Cultural performance will be organised to showcase the vibrant art forms that Karnataka is known for. The Roadshow will bring together different aspect of Karnataka tourism such as Nature, Wildlife, Adventure, Pilgrimage, Heritage and cultural heritage, and many more.
Karnataka is home to a large and exciting portfolio of globally acclaimed tourism products with UNESCO World Heritage Sites, splendid wildlife and resplendent nature, virgin beaches to adorn. The Roadshow series will provide the impetus to the domestic inbound travel and would enhance the marketing efforts of Karnataka Tourism to promote our destinations to the travel-trade.
Mr. G. Jagadeesha, Managing Director, Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation said “Karnataka with its diverse range of products is fast emerging as one of the most interesting and productive states for the travel-trade, both for leisure and business travel. Domestic Tourism being the backbone of the Tourism economy has a lot of potential which needs to be tapped. Post-pandemic, these Roadshow activities will be an excellent occasion for our stakeholders to renew contacts with the traveltrade across India.”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation