As the world sees a decrease in COVID cases, travel interest and eagerness to getaway is increasing substantially. According to new data released by trivago N.V. (NASDAQ: TRVG), a leading global accommodation search platform, this spring season global travelers are seeking fun-filled and city-centric getaways and are willing to pay.
Longer Stays Are Here, Again
Veering away from shorter stays seen at the beginning of the year, likely due to pandemic uncertainties, spring data shows travelers are now seeking holidays lasting more than a few days. The US shows the highest increase, with a 34% jump in length of stay. Travelers are looking to stay and enjoy five to six days, versus heading back to their everyday lives after a quick weekend away. France shows the second highest relative increase.
With these data trends, there is a clearer desire for travelers to spend time abroad, particularly over Easter and Spring Break. Cities like Paris and London appeared in the top 10 lists for all locales studied, as well as Barcelona and Amsterdam for those outside of the US.
Eyes on Entertainment
Travelers’ are yearning for adventure, greater experiences, and a whole lot of magic. Las Vegas is currently the top destination in the US, leading in search data month over month in 2022 and much of 2021. Anaheim, California, home of the Disneyland Resort, rose 7 positions, now ranking as #8 on the US top travel destination list. Magny le Hongre, near Disneyland Paris theme park, gained 12 positions in desired travel destination in 2022 compared to 2019 in France.
Prices are Peaking
Out of all locales, the US shows the highest relative increase in average price per night. In the US, the average price per night went from around $120 in 2019 to $200 in 2022. UK shows the second highest relative increase for price per night.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience