Kicking off 2022, Niagara Falls Canada’s landmark event, meeting and convention venue begins its second decade as the Niagara Falls Convention Centre (formerly Scotiabank Convention Centre). The new name honours its iconic destination and Niagara Falls’ coveted reputation as one of Canada’s top international meeting and convention destinations.
“The Niagara Falls Convention Centre name celebrates our iconic location in the world,” said Wayne Thomson, Chair of the Niagara Falls Convention Centre Board of Directors. “This rightfully positions the destination and the Convention Centre as one of the world’s top destinations for both leisure travellers and business events.”
“We are well-positioned to welcome back clients who are eager to return to our world-class venue and city,” said Noel Buckley, President and General Manager, Niagara Falls Convention Centre.
“The Niagara Falls Convention Centre Board of Directors is grateful to Scotiabank for their long-term partnership and contribution to our success,” added Wayne Thomson, as the naming rights to the building, expired in 2021.
Opened in 2011, the Niagara Falls Convention Centre (NFCC) is the Niagara region’s largest meeting and event venue with over 300,000 sq ft of flexible space. The NFCC is located within the Fallsview Entertainment District, only 250 steps away from the majestic Falls themselves and within walking distance of more than 4,000 hotel rooms.
An important economic and cultural centre for the city, the Niagara Falls Convention Centre is a significant economic driver. Over the last decade, the NFCC has hosted thousands of international and national conventions, meetings, concerts and events including the Assembly of First Nations, the Federation of Canadian Municipalities, national and provincial political conventions and countless national corporate and association events as well as the Niagara Falls Comic-Con. The versatile space has acted as a film and television studio and most recently as a major vaccination location for the community.
With all that Niagara Falls offers, the NFCC attracts repeat events where gathering in the city becomes an eagerly anticipated annual tradition for many organizations. Since its opening, the NFCC has welcomed millions of guests including the Prime Minister of Canada, the Premier of Ontario and a who’s who of high-profile music and entertainment celebrities.
- Niagara Falls Convention Centre (NFCC) first opened in 2011
- The NFCC is the largest event venue in Niagara Falls and the Niagara Region with 300,000 sq ft of flexible spaces, meeting rooms, multi-purpose ballrooms and theatre. The maximum capacity is 6,750
- The NFCC is 250 steps away from the world-famous Falls – Canadian Horseshoe, American and Bridal Veil
- The NFCC is within walking distance of 4,000 hotel rooms in Niagara Falls and the city’s most popular attractions and experiences
- Niagara Falls has more than 14,000 hotel rooms including world-class brands and independently owned properties. Niagara Falls, Ontario borders New York State and is located within a one-day drive to over half the population of North America and within a one-hour drive of 4 major airports including 3 international airports
- Niagara Falls is home to one of Canada’s hottest wine and culinary scenes with world-class wineries, fresh local produce and top chefs redefining farm-to-table to create unforgettable dining experiences
- Niagara Falls is Canada’s entertainment capital offering four seasons of fun with unmatched experiences and options for leisure time from ziplining, cycling, hiking to world-class wineries, live music, and a major golf destination
Edited by: Matthew Thomas
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience