As Coles joins the TikTok revolution, a new section of an aisle launches in stores in honour of the most downloaded app in 2021. Customers can head straight to the “As Seen On” section for the recipe ingredients and products they’ve seen trending on TikTok (and Instagram), to give social media savvy shoppers their pick of the most talked-about items.
As fetta pasta, the burrito wrap hack, salmon bowls and pesto eggs went viral, the way customers were purchasing their ingredients changed, with the recipes and products that garnered attention on social media encouraging an increase in Google search volumes for these ingredients. Coles sees a link between Google searches and its internal search queries on its Coles Online website.
As the third most mentioned brand on TikTok1, Coles is thrilled to have joined TikTok in March 2022. Spearheaded by Coles Senior Marketing Manager and diehard TikTokker, Stephanie Oh, the Coles TikTok will feature new products, sustainable tips and tricks, recipe hacks and more.
“We’re passionate about our stores, our people and our Own Brand Coles Products – and especially about helping feed Aussie families sustainably today and into the future, this will be a strong feature of our Tiktok content,” Oh said.
“We’re going to be fun to follow as you’ll always learn something new, or get hyped about something you’ve just seen from Coles… But it won’t just be us talking about ourselves, we’ll be talking to customers and making loads of content based on these conversations”
Coles joins TikTok as the #tiktokmademebuyit hashtag hits over 10 billion views and #colesfinds hits 1 million views. With 66% of users agreeing that TikTok has helped them decide what to buy, and 74% said that the platform inspired them to find out more about a product or brand online2, Coles looks forward to inspiring shoppers in the newly found “As Seen On” aisle.
Coles TikTok officially launched last night, and while the dedicated “As Seen On” aisle seems great, it ain’t real!!
“As much as we would love to put our salmon in the same aisle as our pesto and our pasta, we might just leave it in the fridge,” Oh confessed.
“When we recognised the launch of our TikTok channel coincided with April Fools Day, we couldn’t resist. As much as our customers would love an ‘As Seen On TikTok’ aisle, our products will stay where they are, for now. Our friendly Coles team members can point all TikTok trend lovers to your favourite product locations in-store. Happy Shopping!”
Watch Coles’ April Fools TikTok
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation