NYC & Company, the official destination marketing organization and convention and visitors bureau for the five boroughs of New York City, applauds Air New Zealand on the launch of its non-stop service between Auckland and New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), commencing September 17, 2022. On the heels of this week’s historic announcement, in April NYC & Company will launch digital and out of home advertising in New Zealand and Australia in partnership with Air New Zealand promoting the new flight, as part of the global “It’s Time for New York City” campaign.
“New York City is open for business and ready to welcome visitors from all over the world. There could be no better time for Air New Zealand to commence their new non-stop service between Auckland and New York City this September, and to partner on our It’s Time for New York City campaign in these critically important markets,” said Fred Dixon, President and CEO of NYC & Company.
“The vibrancy and energy of the City is palpable. With new and iconic destination product across hotels, attractions, restaurants, Broadway, arts and culture, shopping and more, as well as the many small businesses and neighborhoods that make up our five boroughs, we are bullish on NYC’s continued tourism recovery and we are eagerly awaiting the return of New Zealand and Australian visitors,” Dixon continued.
The flagship Auckland-New York route will operate three times a week, year-round with the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.
Air New Zealand Chief Executive Officer Greg Foran says Air New Zealand is incredibly excited to be launching this non-stop service from New Zealand to New York City, providing yet another connection up to North America, the airlines seventh port from New Zealand.
“The US has always been a key market for us, and this new route cements our commitment to growing opportunities for tourism between the two countries.
“Customers have been waiting a long time to travel, there is pent up demand and with this new route, we are providing travelers with exciting international travel destinations. We look forward to welcoming customers onboard our flagship service.”
It’s Time for New York City is the City’s largest-ever, multi-phased global tourism marketing and advertising campaign, including television, digital, outdoor media and partnerships. The tourism recovery campaign launched in June 2021 in the United States, before expanding globally. The investment is made possible through American Rescue Plan Act funds secured and awarded by U.S. Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer.
For a selection of what’s new and trending in the five boroughs, check out NYC & Company’s recently-released “22 Reasons to Visit New York City in 2022”.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience