The generosity of the travel sector shines through in times of crisis and many are looking for ways to help those impacted by the floods.The Australian Federation of Travel Agents has been overwhelmed with calls from members this week and is recommending anyone interested in helping those impacted by the floods to support The Australian Lions Foundation National Disaster Appeal.
“The generosity of the travel sector is legendary. AFTA has been overwhelmed by calls with members wanting to do something to help support their friends and their communities impacted by floods,” says AFTA CEO Dean Long.
“Like travel agents, in every community there are Lions volunteers who go above and beyond to make a difference. Every dollar raised in the Australian Lions Foundation’s National Disaster Appeal will be sent directly to local Lions Clubs so they can support those in need in their communities,” adds Dean.
“In times of disaster, Australian Lions Foundation is focused on getting emergency support to communities in need as quickly as possible. Right now, Queensland and Northern NSW needs our help. Our National Appeal is focused on getting emergency funds to local communities as quickly as possible” says Australian Lions Foundation Chairperson Tony Benbow OAM.
“Through the Lions network over 1200 clubs we are able to get this support quickly to those who need it most.”
“The Australian Lions Foundation has been providing emergency support to communities in need for decades. Over $4.6 million was raised and distributed in the recent Australian Lions Foundation National Bushfire Appeal and $1.9 million was raised and distributed to Flood Support last year,” adds Tony.
Those looking to make a donation and support those affected by the floods can do so through their local Lions Club or through donating directly to Australian Lions Foundation.
To make a donation visit https://www.givenow.com.
All donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam